NOTICE - ROAD CLOSURE
Be advised that RR115A between TR384 and TR390 will be CLOSED due to culvert replacement.
Work is scheduled to take place Sept 27 - Sept 29.
Please use alternate routes and avoid the area.
GUS WETTER SCHOOL - AFTER SCHOOL CARE PROGRAM
Wendy Coppock, Principal of Gus Wetter School is presented with a cheque from Stan Schulmeister, Reeve
The County of Paintearth received correspondence from Gus Wetter School regarding After School Care in the form of a Proposal at their regular Council meeting on September 14th.
Council is very much in favour of this school initiative and openly discussed the challenges facing working families with young children that require care after classroom hours. The County of Paintearth Council recognizes the value to the community that Gus Wetter's After School Care program brings. A new resolution was entertained and passed whereby the County would support this program in the amount of $5,000 for the current school year.
Council commends Gus Wetter School for maintaining an initiative that supports working families within the County of Painteath.
Notice - Fire Restriction
The County of Paintearth Fire Ban has been downgraded to a Fire Restriction, effective September 15, 2021. There will be NO fire permits issued by the County of Paintearth No.18 which will remain in effect until further notice.
Fires are only to be burned in approved fire pits, approved incinerators or approved burning barrels as per County Bylaw 654-17.
"Acceptable Burn Barrel" means an outdoor receptacle that meets the following specifications:
- a minimum of 3 (three) meters clearance measured from the nearest edge of the Burn Barrel to a building, property lines, or other combustible material;
- equipped with an expanded metal spark arrestor mesh screen with openings no larger than 16mm (0.6 inches), secured in place with latches or weights;
- constructed of non-combustible material;
- not located over underground utility services or under aboveground wires;
- is supervised at all times by a responsible person until such time that the fire in the Burn Barrel has been A fire shall be deemed to include hot ashes and smoldering embers resulting from the fire; and
- is used to burn non-prohibited
"Fire Pit" means a non-combustible structure or container located on public or private property, used for recreation purposes and constructed in accordance with this By-law.
- a) a fire pit shall be constructed with non-combustible materials,
- b) the maximum external dimension of the Fire Pit shall not be greater than one meter,
- c) a fire pit shall be covered by a substantial screen or grate with openings not to exceed 16mm (0.6 inches) in any dimension,
- d) a fire pit shall not be located closer than 3 meters (10 feet) from a property line and two meters from any combustible material, including, but not limited to buildings, structures, fences, patio decks and foliage as measured from the nearest fire pit
- e) a fire pit shall not be located less than 6 meters (2 feet) laterally from an underground utility line.
"Incinerator Fire" means a fire that is confined within a non-combustible container or barrel with opening; covered with a heavy gauge metal screen having a mesh size not larger than 13 millimeters and which is ventilated in such a manner as to preclude the escape of combustible materials, including ash.
The County of Paintearth is urging residents to be fire safe and ensure the all fires are supervised and under control at all times. Burning is ONLY to be done with extreme care and caution. Be aware that weather will determine if the County of Paintearth proceeds to a total fire ban.
2021 Property Tax Non-Payment Penalty Notice
The County of Paintearth No. 18 property taxes were due June 30, 2021. A 5.0% penalty was levied on all current and arrears tax balances on July 1st.
A further 10% penalty will be applied to all outstanding tax balances,
both current and arrears on October 1, 2021.
Payment can be made by cheque, cash, debit or credit card at the County Administration Office located at 01 Crowfoot Drive, TR 374 and Highway 12, at the TD Canada Trust in Coronation or the ATB Financial branches located in Halkirk, Castor or Coronation. Check our website (www.countypaintearth.ca) for financial institutions set up to accept on-line payments.