- Published: 17 June 2020
- Hits: 732
Although the ASB has not made any definitive plans staff is planning on:
- Providing technical expertise and assist producers in completing the Environmental Farm Plan process and promote the EFP program.
- The Assistant Agricultural Fieldman is in the process of becoming an EFP Technician
- Providing technical expertise and assist producers in completing the Canadian Agricultural Partnership (CAP) applications as well as promoting awareness of the programs available.
- Continue to be an active member of the Battle River Watershed Alliance’s Buffalo Trail Riparian Restoration Project.
- Assisting producers with shelterbelt design and planting as well as implement an Ageing Shelterbelt Restoration Program.
- Host, sponsor, and/or otherwise participate in extension events within the County or immediate region relating to a variety of educational topics including but not limited to environmental stewardship, livestock management, soil management, pest & pesticide management, farm economics, and farm energy efficiency.