I want to install a road approach. Is permission required?

Approvals are required prior to installation of road approaches on municipal roads. Forward your request for permission to install a road approach to the County of Paintearth in writing to Box 509 Castor, AB, and T0C 0X0 or contact the Development Officer at (403) 882-3211 to obtain additional information. An application fee of $200.00 is due and payable at the time of application.


What is the subdivision procedure in the County of Paintearth?

Palliser Regional Municipal Services is the Subdivision and Development Authority for the County Paintearth. Applications are made to Palliser Regional Municipal Services. Please print the application form, and forward the application along with the appropriate fee to the address below.

Print the application form
Application Fees

Palliser Regional Municipal Services
115 Palliser Trail
P.O. Drawer 1900
Hanna, Alberta
T0J 1P0

Telephone: 403 854-3371
FAX: 403 854-4684
Toll Free: 1 877 854-3371


I want to build a new house and garage, do I need a permit?

Yes. Development Permits are required for a building or an addition to, or replacement or repair of a building, a change of use of land or a building, or the change in the intensity of land or building. For further information on the Land Use Bylaw contact the Development Officer at (403) 882-3211 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., Development Officer or print the permit application using Adobe Reader.  If you need to download the reader, click on the link in the border at the right.