County of Paintearth RSS Feeds:
What is an RSS Feed?
A format for content distribution, RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. RSS is a system that allows a user to get automatic updates from multiple web sites whenever new content is published on these sites. It acts like a personal web reader by checking your selected sites regularly for new content. If you set up an RSS feed from the Count of Paintearth's News section, for example, you would be notified whenever a new article was posted. The notification takes place in an RSS Reader.
How to a Use the RSS Feed?
To add a feed to your RSS reader:
- Right click on the feed that interests you and select "Copy Link Address."
- This will copy the feed link to your clipboard.
- Paste the link into your RSS reader.
Note: To use a site’s RSS feature, an RSS reader is required.
- Choose an RSS reader. An internet search will return many options. Most readers are web-based, such as Feedly and Feedbin.
- Once you’ve chosen an RSS reader, follow the instructions to set up an account.
- Decide what type of content you want the RSS reader to monitor. Many web sites provide RSS, which can usually be found on those sites as a link. An orange button is often used to display the service’s availability. You may have to click the RSS link and copy it into your RSS reader.