- Published: 17 June 2020
Update - Parks
Effective June 12, 2020
As the Province has relaxed conditions regarding C19 and parks / public spaces, the County of Paintearth Parks and Campgrounds are open for camping with the following changes since opening May 1 under restrictions:
- Fires will be permitted in approved pits only.
- Outhouses will be open for use – campers are recommended to still use their RV facilities, however outhouses are signed with guidelines & practices to follow.
- Washrooms/Showers will be open for public use.
- Tents or vehicle camping are now allowed.
- Playgrounds and sportsfields are open to public use. (Burma has brand new backstops!) Users are recommended to sanitize their equipment & hands before and after playing or touching common surfaces.
- Camp kitchens and picnic shelters are now open for public use.
- Group camping is allowed in group areas – stalls are still to have only one RV unit per stall.
- Social distancing with others in park is to be observed, however parties camping together as cohort groups are allowed to mingle.
The County looks forward to the camping season as normal rules are starting to return, however until then we ask all campers to abide by the above.
Enjoy the outdoors and Help Prevent the Spread!